Choosing your quality improvement approach
To understand the differences between Lean, Six Sigma or ISO9001.
Description of the course
Kaizen here, Six Sigma there, ISO 9001, Lean... how do you find your way through what seems to be a labyrinth of good ideas? Some recommend 5S and others 5Why? What is the best solution to take your company further and improve its performance?
It is important to recognise that companies of all sizes and types have their own challenges, context and culture. Therefore, it can be said that there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Delivered by professionals in the field of quality and continuous improvement, this training will help you to see more clearly and to choose not only the best approach, but also to envisage a performance path specific to your organisation.
For online training, meeting invitations will be sent to you 48 hours in advance and will contain the web links to access the training. Make sure you have the necessary equipment to be able to hear and communicate with the trainer! The material will be sent to you as a link or PDF file to your email address.
You will be able to understand the different possibilities available to you in terms of improvement strategies. You will then be able to choose the most appropriate approach or strategy according to three issues: urgency, magnitude or stability, taking into account your reality, based on the proposed elements of reflection.
Who is this training for?
This course is open to all.
- Understand what performance improvement is and distinguish the tools and strategies involved.
- Select the performance improvement strategy best suited to your organisation.
- Examine the main requirements for implementing a quality improvement process.
- Anticipate success and failure factors in implementing a quality improvement strategy.
Details of the course
At the end of this course, you will have:
- Gain a common understanding through an overview of the definitions of performance, continuous improvement and a day-to-day management system;
- Awareness of the added value of quality management systems, their main principles (based mainly on ISO 9001: 2015 and their link with performance);
- Mastered the prerequisites for a performance approach;
- Understand the main strategies for continuous improvement or performance improvement and the main tools related to them;
- Includes tools for choosing the most appropriate approach for your organisation;
- Overview of the implementation steps, possible structures and pitfalls to avoid.
- Explored some international trends and the opportunities for skills development offered by different approaches.
Register for a session
Would you like a private group for your organisation?
Contact us to get this training for your team, at your office and adapted to your business reality!