8D Problem Solving
Formation / Processus
Tired of the same problems coming back to haunt you? Come and learn how to get to the root causes of your issues in just 8 steps!
|Online training available, tailored to your Company’s reality
Contact us for a quote
|Durée||1 day from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.|
|Prix||Member rate : $ 395 | Current rate : $ 525|
|Date||Lieu de la session|
|October 8, 2020 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.||Online||S'inscrire|
« For online training, the details will be sent to you 48 hours in advance and will include web links to be able to access the session. Please ensure that you have the necessary equipment to be able to hear and interact with the trainer! The material will be sent to you in PDF format to your email address. »
To learn and experiment with the 8D structured problem-solving methodology and apply it to a concrete example within your organization.
Who should attend?
- Anyone and everyone! 8D is a simple and recognized approach to problem solving, regardless of your industry!
- Learning how to resolve a problem at its source.
- Adopting a mindset that promotes efficiency.
- Providing a common language for your employees.
- Benefitting from having standardized methods.
- Eliminating recurring problems.
- Facilitating Continuous Improvement.
Fixing a problem once and for all so that it does not come back!
We all have simple or complex problems to solve. If you are looking for a way to do so that is easy, accessible and quickly mastered, then the 8D methodology is right up your alley. Come and discover how it seamlessly adapts to any context or type of business. As a bonus, discover how to stimulate your employees’ creativity during improvement workshops!
Throughout the training session, participants will work on real problems from within their organizations. So why not combine business and pleasure and benefit from the trainer's vast experience!
0D – Stating the problem
- How to create clear, concise and measurable problem statements.
- How to determine who should be on the team.
- What are the roles and responsibilities of each team member?
- Includes the “You Be the General Manager” exercise where participants get to form their dream team from a list of 12 interesting candidates!
2D – Describing the problem
- How to ensure that team members have a common understanding of the problem.
- Understanding the importance of data for in-depth problem solving.
- Taking your team beyond the mere obvious.
3D – Containing the problem
- How to create an action plan to stem the bleeding. A crucial – if not, the most important - step for certain operational problems.
4D – Hunting for root causes
- How to use the Ishikawa diagram and the 5 Why’s technique to get to the root causes of the problem – this is at the heart of the training session.
- Presenting an innovative Microsoft PowerPoint tool to facilitate an Ishikawa diagramming session with your team.
- Practical tips for selecting the right causes once the diagram has been completed.
5D – Developing solutions
- How to choose the best long-term solutions using convergence techniques such as the GICS matrix and paired comparison analysis.
6D – Implementing solutions
- How to adequately implement these long-term solutions.
7D – Preventing recurrence
- How to monitor the effectiveness of the deployed solutions to eliminate the problem for good
8D – Acknowledging the team
- How to foster a culture that recognizes that prevention of problems is just as valued as the hours spent in emergency mode trying to correct them.
- Content including brainstorming techniques and innovative ways to manage human error round out the training session
Quebec Society for Quality
Quality advisor (including the roles of trainer, performance networks facilitator, business coach in the implementation of operational excellence best practices and content editor for the members).
Prior to joining the Mouvement, Marco worked for 20 years at the IBM plant in Bromont:
- IT project management
- Structured problem-solving facilitation
- Coach for agile teams
- Kept close ties with the Quality team during his final years with the Company.
Clients et marché
Clients et marché