Selecting and Evaluating Suppliers
Formation / Processus
Finally, a simple and effective way for evaluating and selecting suppliers
If you have been looking for …
- A methodology and tangible tools for choosing suppliers to help grow your business
- A way to know, with absolute certainty, which suppliers are your top performers and which ones require closer monitoring
- A way to evaluate which suppliers represent a high risk for you and your business
Then look no further …
This training session will reveal a simple and effective recipe that can easily be adapted to the needs of your organization.
Led by an “employee-trainer” with extensive experience in both Supply Chain and Supplier Quality Management, this course will provide you with a practical and concrete approach to follow - because the issue of supplier management is far too important to be left to improvisation ...
Online training available, tailored to your Company’s reality
Contact us for a quote
|Durée||1 day from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Prix||Member rate : $ 395 | Current rate : $ 525|
« For online training, the details will be sent to you 48 hours in advance and will include web links to be able to access the session. Please ensure that you have the necessary equipment to be able to hear and interact with the trainer! The material will be sent to you in PDF format to your email address. »
Upon completion of the training session, participants will understand the importance of good supplier management and will be able to:
- Evaluate and select the right suppliers based on the needs of their organization
- Know what different types of tools are available for conducting supplier risk assessments and how to choose the ones that are the most appropriate in each situation
- Efficiently plan for a supplier visit or audit to get the most benefit
- Manage supply chain performance on an ongoing basis
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the supply chain of your organization: Purchasing Manager, Purchasers, Quality Managers or any person directly or indirectly involved in the selection or evaluation of suppliers or subcontractors
- This training session includes several practical exercises to validate the proper understanding of the content and to let participants share their experiences.
- A starter kit will be provided. Included are several proven templates that will allow participants to quickly put the acquired knowledge into practice upon returning to their respective organizations.
Understanding the needs of the business
- Business needs
- Potential suppliers
- Strategies to adopt
Choosing the right supplier
- Analytical tools
- Improvement plans
- Selection tools
- Sourcing and governance processes
- List of approved suppliers
Monitoring approved suppliers
- Continuous performance assessment of approved suppliers
- On-site visit calendar
- Supplier scorecards
- Recognizing the best performing key suppliers
- Actions to be taken with the least efficient suppliers
- Strategic risk analysis
Marc-André Cloutier, Eng.
Head of quality assurance and procurement,
- Head, Quality Assurance and Procurement at CMC Electronics.
- 2013-2018: Volvo Bus Corporation (Nova Bus and Prevost divisions), Head of Supplier Quality Development.
- 2005-2013: Ultra Electronics, Tactical Communications Systems, Team Leader, Supplier Quality Management.
- 2001-2005: Sanmina-SCI Corporation, Team Leader, Test Engineering.
- 1999-2001: Mindready Solutions, Engineer - Test Designer.